I have a friend visiting Facebook headquarters (FBHQ) this week, and his status update “just signed a non-disclosure agreement at FB HQ” made me wonder about other ironic things that could happen at FBHQ. So just for fun I decided to start a list. Feel free to add to it in the comments.
Ironic things that could happen at FBHQ:
- Bump into an old high-school friend you didn’t particularly want to see and have an uncomfortable conversation.
- Discover that FB employees don’t seem to have many friends.
- Have several back-to-back conversations with FB employees that revolve around things they don’t like.
- Be told that FB employees “prefer to keep a low profile.”
- Stumble across Mark Zuckerberg sucking at Scrabble.
- Stumble across the employee handbook entry that bans all digital cameras from FBHQ.
- Hear Mark Zuckerberg complaining that he can’t get no privacy.
- Get asked to judge the annual FBHQ “battle of the bands”, and then have all the competitors send you links to their MySpace pages.